Read Receipt Not Working

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by mizmimi02, Nov 3, 2016.

1. mizmimi02 macrumors 6502

mizmimi02

Anyone else having issues with not seeing a read receipt? My husband has his turned on, as do I, and it has since stopped displaying read. I have turned iMessages off, restarted, turned it back on, etc. His is on and mine is on, but it just doesn't show.

2. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

I've noticed this yesterday too. I've noticed also it sometimes will say read then switch back to delivered. On 10.1.1

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Does it not work at all, just some of the read receipts are not working at times?
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2016 ---
    The one that changes back has been around for a little while, since at least iOS 9 days.

4. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
    Weird this is the first time I've experienced it.

5. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

It may be related to notification issues many of us are seeing for iCloud email and messages. I'm seeing messages not waking my iPhone but if I wake it (lift it) I see the message banner. When its awake messages notify as they should with sound and banner. Are you seeing any of these issues?

6. mizmimi02 thread starter macrumors 6502

mizmimi02

It's not working at all. I've asked a few friends if they are having the issue, and only 2 out of the 9 are having the same problem. So I'm just going to wait and see if it clears up after the update last night.

7. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I think your friends are just not aware of the issues. You get notifications and then it misses for a while.