Read the comparison, but still some questions about Office 08 vs iWork 08

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by revdarth, Jun 16, 2008.

1. revdarth macrumors newbie

I am transitioning into using a Mac from being a Windows guy for my whole life to this point. I am going to be running Fusion once the system and software arrives and can run office 07 in fusion or in boot camp. However, is it worth purchasing Office 08 or iWork 08 as a replacement to office 07? My primary apps in office are word and powerpoint with some simple excel work thrown in.

Thanks

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i like office better. excel is way better than numbers

people will say keynote is better than ppt, but i disagree, esp with the ppt in office 08

and i like word more than pages since well, i know how to use worrd better

but iwork is fine too dont get me wrong

3. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

All new Macs come with a 30-day trial of iWork so you can try it before deciding if you want to buy it. If you've deleted the trial it can be reinstalled from the bundled software package on the DVD that came with the Mac or you can download it here.

4. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

Yeah use the trials - but if you are already an office user, I suspect you will find iWork a little too weak

5. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

iWork is great for Home use, and at the office if you're in a pinch. However, I've been brining my MB to work, and wish I had Office. I think it would be a lot easier sharing documents, etc. If you create a Pages document, you have to export to .doc, which is okay, but not the most efficient.

If it's mostly for work, go with Office...