iPhone Read work email like Gmail?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by olletsocmit, May 14, 2013.

1. olletsocmit macrumors 6502

olletsocmit

I have been reading my work email more and more on my iPhone lately. I don't wanta sync all my work email b/c that will take up a lot of room. There is a pic below of the options. I sync thru exchange btw. If I select no limit that might to start to take up way too much room on phone.

I want to know if it can be set up like gmail is in the iPhone. On gmail, you are 50 messages and then if u want to see more you click more and then another 50 open.

[​IMG]

Right now I am set on 2 weeks for work emails.. When u get to the bottom of 2 weeks, it just stops. If u sync no limit, you go down forever. Bottom of 2 weeks looks like this... Can't load more.

[​IMG]

Is it possible to set up like gmail or am I outta luck.

[​IMG]

2. takeshi74, May 14, 2013
    Last edited: May 14, 2013

takeshi74 macrumors 601

How much? Can you not clean up your account? Create subfolders to archive or use local folders on your desktop computer (though you won't be able to access local folders on your iPhone if you do that).

If you have your Exchange account already set up then you know what the options are. I have the exact same options. You don't get to choose 50 messages with ActiveSync. You limit by time per your screenshot.

3. olletsocmit thread starter macrumors 6502

olletsocmit

So what exactly do you do? Put no limit?

Maybe I am confused... If I have 1,000 emails in my work email at work... If I see them all on my phone, am I just seeing them on my phone or is it literally downloading all 1,000 to my iPhone too?

If I have my work comp set to archive every 2 weeks... Will that disable me from seeing them on my iPhone?

4. sbailey4, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013

sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Man you need to manage your email a little. Couple of things, if you have IMAP of exchange it will sync real time with whatever you do. Depends on what type of mail you are using. Best way (not just for iPhone) is to create some folders and move your messages to those and not leave then all in your inbox. Anyway A lot depends on what email you are using (POP,IMAP,Exchange). and the options you posted if set to like 3 days or whatever will stop from getting all 1000 (if you elect to still work out of inbox only) and is exchange setup. Unless you are getting those 1000 in a day. btw u can set how many messages to display in the mail options. min 50