Readability in Word 2008?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Watabou, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Is there a readability statistics in Word 2008? I know the feature is in Word 2007 under the Review tab on the ribbon but I can't find it anywhere in Word 2008. Or is this feature absent in the Word 2008?

EDIT: Is this feature available in Pages? I'd much rather use Pages instead of Word right now because Word is just pissing me off with its beautiful compatibility with Spaces. :rolleyes:

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

In Word, go to the Preferences. Under "Authoring and Proofing Tools", select "Spelling and Grammar". Check the "check grammar with spelling" box, then check the "show readability statistics" box. Now, when you go to the Tools menu and select "Spelling and Grammar", Word will show the readability statistics after it's done with its spellcheck.

As for Spaces, we're working with Apple to get the problems fixed. They've gotten better in the recent updates, but we're not 100% of the way there. Sorry 'bout that. It drives me nuts, too -- when I'm in my office, I have a dual-monitor set-up, and the issues can get even weirder when you use Spaces with two monitors (especially if you switch back and forth between one monitor and two, which I do throughout the day).

Regards,
    Nadyne.