Reading ebooks on 6 plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jenni122701, Dec 4, 2015.

1. jenni122701 macrumors regular

jenni122701

Hi, I have a 6 plus and am just wondering how many other 6 plus or 6s plus users use their phone to read ebooks? I love reading but have really bad hand circulation issues and my iPad Air is just too heavy for me to lay down and hold to read. I read while laying down always, just how I love to read, and I am gonna try to see how well it goes with using my phone. I'm sure my hands will be much happier. I guess it works well other than just having to turn pages more often, least I would think so. Just looking for input from others about how they like reading books on it.

2. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

I have 6s+ it works pretty well you change change font size and brightness level.

3. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

I read regularly on my 6s. No issues with using it for that.

C

4. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Btw... My usual reading app is the Overdrive app supported by my local library. Nothing fancy, but integrates well with their system. Free books rock, and no more overdue fines! :)

C

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I've only had my Plus for a week now, but I've been enjoying using Gerty to read my ePubs. It has an edge tapping feature which is nice. The theme I use is #2 which is the off-white on off-black.

It's a huge difference to my 1st gen iPad Mini.

6. jenni122701 thread starter macrumors regular

jenni122701

Thanks so much for the replies you guys!

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I read using the Kindle app on my 6 plus on occasion. However, I much prefer reading on my Kindle Paperwhite.

8. jenni122701 thread starter macrumors regular

jenni122701

Yeah I have been wanting a Kindle Paperwhite, just haven't had the money to spare. Wish someone would put a really good Christmas discount out on one.

9. businezguy macrumors 6502

I find reading on my 6 plus to be pretty darn good. I purchase some books from iBooks but mostly lend eBooks from my library and read them using the Kindle app.
    You should give it a try. Easiest way is to join your local library and lend an eBook from their website.

10. BradWould macrumors 6502

BradWould

I read exclusively on my 6S+. My Sony e-reader hasn't seen the light of day since the 6 was released.

11. the caveman macrumors 6502

I use 6s plus to read books using amazon kindle app all the time. Works really good

12. wx4olf macrumors regular

wx4olf

I use the Kindle app to read all the time with my 6s plus. I use a strap (like this one: http://amzn.com/B00R458WE0) to "palm" the phone so I don't even have to grip it when laying in bed and can page turn by just using my thumb so its really just a one handed operation to read a book.

13. jenni122701 thread starter macrumors regular

jenni122701

wx4olf, thanks SO much! I am def buying that! Much appreciated!

14. Kiimora macrumors 6502a

Kiimora

I got rid of my kindle paperwhite since 6 plus ( S soon) , there was simply no need to upgrade to kindle voyage . I read non stop on my 6 plus via the kindle app the experience is fantastic

15. KiraYamato macrumors regular

KiraYamato

Bit off topic maybe but is there a free ebook reader app that supports .mobi files? On android I had fbook reader that did the job, not been able to find one for my iphone though.