Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gary King

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
Where can I find the 'Reading Layout' in MS Word? It's easy to find on Windows, but I want confirmation that it doesn't exist on the Mac.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Gary King said:
Where can I find the 'Reading Layout' in MS Word? It's easy to find on Windows, but I want confirmation that it doesn't exist on the Mac.
There is nothing special about Reading Layout. It is just regular Layout without the editing toolbars. Try File > Print Preview. See if it floats your boat.

Gary King

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
MisterMe said:
There is nothing special about Reading Layout. It is just regular Layout without the editing toolbars. Try File > Print Preview. See if it floats your boat.
You can still edit items in Reading Layout, I believe. You can't in Print Preview, although Print Preview lets you choose to view two pages at once.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Gary King said:
You can still edit items in Reading Layout, I believe. You can't in Print Preview, although Print Preview lets you choose to view two pages at once.
Whether you can edit or not in Reading Layout is beside the point. Reading Layout gives you a WYSIWYG view of your document which maximizes screen real estate for reading. The very idea of calling this a "feature" and giving it a name boogles my mind. This is how word processing on the Mac has worked since MacWrite 1.0. It mystifies me why you are not satified with regular Layout view, which is fully WYSIWYG, fully editable, and displays all selected toolbars.

ppant64

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2009
View reading layout

Just reduce the size of the document to 90% or 85% and then you can see and edit document in two page format. Reduce further and you get a 4 page format.
Ignore MisterMe he sounds an idiot.
Pan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.