Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sheeptwo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2012
I have a slight issue with reading PDF books with iBooks. I can see the text fine, but it would be better with a slight zoom in. The problem is iBooks resets your zoom when you switch to another page. Are are there any other similar quality apps (preferably with the bookshelf, high quality text, go to page option and stutter free experience when flipping pages)?

Converting PDFs to ePub isn't an option as the result is very bad.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I have a slight issue with reading PDF books with iBooks. I can see the text fine, but it would be better with a slight zoom in. The problem is iBooks resets your zoom when you switch to another page. Are are there any other similar quality apps (preferably with the bookshelf, high quality text, go to page option and stutter free experience when flipping pages)?

GoodReader keeps the custom crop if you set one. If you zoom into a degree where the FULL page is still visible, then, give it a try - but definitely set a custom crop!

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007

I think that is a Lion issue. It is very annoying actually. It happens to my MBP after upgrading to Lion. The wizard of Apple thunk that one up.

dcrichmond

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2011

Try PDF Expert - great iPad app

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.