Reading .xml chatlogs - Help please!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by vickomaniac, Jun 17, 2010.

1. vickomaniac macrumors newbie

Hello everyone!

I'm a new mac user.. and so far the transition from windows to mac has been effortless and liberating!

However, there's an issue which I would love to find a solution to, and it would be great if you experts out there could help me :)

I have a bunch of important .xml chatlogs from msn messenger that I need to read, but unfortunately I can't find any programme that will open them for me (nicely). Double clicking on the file opens a blank page in Safari, whereas opening it using TextEdit gives me a whole bunch of code which is really hard to sift through..

I downloaded firefox which lets me read the words in the chatlog without the codings and whatnot, but the words aren't arranged properly and it just appears as one whole chunk of text.

I've looked all over for programmes that will allow me to read those logs but I can't find any! Hopefully you guys can give me a solution!

Thanks in advance
    Vicki:)

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

3. vickomaniac thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey BlueRevolution,
    Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately I'm only looking for a way to read the chatlogs. I don't use adium so that link doesn't really help..right?

It'll be great if there was some kind of Safari add-on that I could install.. but if Adium's the only option then I guess I'll have to install it?

Vicki:)