iPhone Ready for change but not with lost functionality

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by fraggot, Jul 16, 2013.

1. fraggot macrumors 6502

I've noticed more and more after using all the betas features being changed or completely removed. I know some of these could make a return since it is a beta so missing features I'm not as concerned about.

But things that used to be a simple tap almost are now a combination of taps(yes I know, first world problems) and I'm mostly referring to the photos app. Setting a wallpaper has changed and been moved into the share button basically.

Also am I the ony one who misses being able to swipe left after taking a photo to go to the last one? I can't see that making a return without them completely changing the camera again.

Anyone know of any other functions that have been changed for the worse?

2. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

The 'set as wallpaper' has always been in the Share Sheet (that share button). The only thing that has changed here is the style of the share sheet.

The swipe left to view last picture was a hit or miss for me. It was great when it worked, but I normally had to resort to tapping on the small photo icon to view my last photo anyway.
    I don't think they will add that feature back because left and right swipes are used for switching camera modes.

There are so many changes in iOS 7 from previous versions of iOS, that it will obviously take some time getting used to. After the learning curve, you'll find yourself flying through the OS.

3. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

I didn't know you could do that in iOS 6, so I guess that's a feature I won't miss. :)

4. Parise macrumors 6502a

Parise

Search web from spotlight.

Post to Facebook and Twitter from NC.

These have been removed. For whatever reason.

5. fraggot thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, when you had the camera open you could swipe to the left and go through your pictures instead of tapping on the little icon of in the bottom left. I quite enjoyed that feature, but it's now gone.

Also since the new camera app works by swiping left/right to access various camera modes I don't see it making a comeback.

----------

I didn't know they removed searching web in spotlight but I'm not sure if I ever used it though, not saying it wasn't used by many.

And that's my most missed feature is the facebook and twitter buttons but I'm hoping they make a return in the final version.

6. Parise macrumors 6502a

Parise

I used search the web all the time :(

Would be nice to swipe down and just search.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I never did quite understand why Apple thought it was so important to have those in the NC. Is that the Justin Bieber feature where you feel so important that you have to be able to tweet right from NC?.

8. fraggot thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't think it was a matter of importance, but more so something people wanted. I liked having it, not having to open the app each time(or multiple times cause Facebook likes to crash a lot) to Post to Facebook or Tweet was nice.

Plus Facebook and Twitter were already integrated into everything else, so why not make it a little easier to update your social network?

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I would have gladly taken a compose text message from NC over that.

10. Stupotpot macrumors 6502

Stupotpot

I am one if the people who wikipedias everything! It was so easy just to go to spotlight and search...now it's a case of opening safari, invariably opening a new tab and then using search...wish it would make a come back. I'd wish for that over tweet/post from NC but each to their own I suppose!

11. Parise macrumors 6502a

Parise

So, I mention a feature I used all the time, wonder why it was removed, and your response is to belittle me about it?

----------

So now you're posting about functionality that never existed in a thread called "Ready for change but not with LOST functionality".

Got it.

12. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm not belittling it. It could be that Apple sees it like I do and that's possibly why they removed it. Then again, who the heck knows right? You may get it back later :)