Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmonova

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Received this yesterday:

"The status for the following application has changed to Ready for Sale"

But, it still is not showing up in iTunes...Any idea how long that takes to show up?

Thks

wonza

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
I've known mine to take as long as 48 hours.. but usually its within 12 hours.

cmonova

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
thks

I appreciate the info. For some reason I actually thought it would show up once we got the message from them.....

Thks

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
The app is probably in the App Store, but may not appear in searching for some time. If you look for it via other means, drilling down into the category, for example, you should see it. I have found Apple's updating of their search index to be rather slow and random.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
I have found Apple's updating of their search index to be rather slow and random.

Your local copy of iTunes caches data, plus iTunes no doubt uses some sort of content distribution network which takes time to propagate updates.

bbrosemer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2006
Did anyone notice it taking substantially longer to approve apps... I have an app waiting approval since the 21st of december and 2 more after that all awaiting approval

beachdog

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2008
Yes, I noticed that also. Though I have not been waiting as long as you, it does seem longer. In my case, I am waiting for a review of an app update. Earlier in Nov/Dec I was getting about 2-4 day turnaround on an update; it seems slightly longer now.

Also - and I think this is a good thing -- they seem to be getting more persnicketty about aherence to the Apple UI guidelines. In my recent update they pointed out some things that were there from the beginning (UI things like a case where a TableViewCell was not deselected after it was pressed).

forcesteeler

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
Yes, I noticed that also. Though I have not been waiting as long as you, it does seem longer. In my case, I am waiting for a review of an app update. Earlier in Nov/Dec I was getting about 2-4 day turnaround on an update; it seems slightly longer now.

Also - and I think this is a good thing -- they seem to be getting more persnicketty about aherence to the Apple UI guidelines. In my recent update they pointed out some things that were there from the beginning (UI things like a case where a TableViewCell was not deselected after it was pressed).

:eek: Same thing happen to be. I had app up in the Itunes store since November and i tried to update my app last week and they rejected because of the TableViewCell not deselecting.

I guess it because either there trying to keep the store from getting cluttered with applications so there pointing out every little nook and cranny. or users have been complaining and there are looking at every app more carefully.

cmonova

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
app

Appreciate the info from everyone but it actually showed up...

Thks

bbrosemer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2006

Thanks guys... I think for me it is I am trying to push out those 99cent "Ringtone" apps under the entertainment category... When I push updates of my baseball pitch tracker it is done in about 2 days... Moreover that makes me believe that a person is assigned the app and then they are in charge of the updates. Or maybe its by category anyway I find it impressive that they update that quickly but really since the 21st for an app is absurd.. Another was the 29th... and the last 2 I did were the 4th and the 5th...(So I dont expect those anytime soon) But the 29th and the 21st is not ok, that is entirely too long. Meanwhile I have updated my Baseball one 2x since the 21st and both were approved very quickly other then he had a question on my use of a TabView. The reviewer was very prompt in their response to my response and that was then approved that night. So whoever has been looking at that app for me is doing a great job... I really think it is just luck or lack there of, depending on who is reviewing your app. .... And in no way do I think they are trying to reduce clutter the more apps their are the more potential for sales their are and the more money they make. So if someone by 1 crappy app and then finds a better one and buys that too, that is a win win for apple. I say this because some developer is pushing garbage personalized instant call apps with a name and then you program it to a number and they released about 50 or so of these ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.