Ready for upgrade to CS5...but

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Halcyon, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Halcyon macrumors 6502

I'm ready for an update to CS5 Master Collection, from CS4 idem, but my big concern is compatibility with my plug-in's. I've invested some good money to build a rather large library of plug-in's (mainly for photoshop and Illustrator) and would hate to see them brake down in CS5.

I know some will work the same, others that won't developer already has upgrades and for some I'll have to wait for an upgrade...and while on the subject of upgrades, I'm entitled to free upgrades on some and others I'll have to pay (which is probably my main concern because some expensive plug-ins I don't use much but have become accustomed to them for that occasional time when needed).

To those who have upgraded to CS5, how many of your plug-ins have stopped working?

This is snapshot of my filters:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

To the best of my knowledge they will all work if you run PS CS5 in 32 bit mode. You will have to wait for the vendors to release 64bit versions to run PS in 64 bit mode with the plugins

3. Halcyon thread starter macrumors 6502

That's "half-good" to hear. Half the reason I'm upgrading is for the new features, the other half is the performance speed of running in 64 bit.

Seems like initially I'll get to eat only half of my cake :)

4. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

5. Halcyon thread starter macrumors 6502

Updated my OnOne 5 plugin suite with the update plugin in their website and it does NOT work. I posted this problem in another thread...maybe it has something to do with the fact that I still have CS4 installed (with all its plugins) so maybe there is a conflict there...but I'm just not ready to get rid of CS4 till CS5 plugin updates are available for my entire collection and after it proves itself steady enough for a production environment.

EDIT: My bad...was updating with the wrong plugins. Problem solved...it works (OnOne, that is).