Real battery life to expect from MBP 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by propropro, Jan 22, 2008.

1. propropro macrumors regular

I'm planning on buying a MBP 15"... let's say I'm waiting for the upcoming upgrade to penryn ;)
    In my work I use a HP Compaq 6910p, with 2GB RAM, core 2 duo 2 GHZ Santa Rosa chipset and I'm very disappointed with its battery life: some moderate use of photoshop, word processing ,reading pdfs, internet navigation via wifi and display at 50% brightness brings me only 2,5 hours at most...
    Can I except some more battery life from Macbook Pro or is this the norm with modern laptops?

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

did that HP 6910p claim up to 15h battery life?

nevermind, most reviews say the HP can last about 3.6~4 hours in real life..

anyway, I think MBP will last longer, but for what you do, it won't be much longer, maybe 3 hours...

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

4. SubaruNation555 macrumors 6502

My new 15" MacBook Pro gets about 3:30-3:45 hours when browsing the internet, using Office and using iTunes with full brightness. It can pull off about 4 with reduced brightness. However, my battery is at 98% capacity.

5. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

same goes for me.

6. Scorch07 macrumors 6502

Yeah, you'll probably get 3-4 hours on it. When I first unplug it on medium brightness, on Wi-Fi, browsing the internet and maybe have iTunes open, mine estimates about 4:30, but I haven't actually tested to see if that's accurate.