Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
Did a search here and could not find anything about this....

Real Networks CEO Rob Glaser says that iPod owners steal music. The majority of music on the average iPod is obtained illegally, with relatively few songs purchased from the iTunes Music Store, Glaser said in an interview with The Guardian. “If you want interoperable music today, there is a very easy solution: it’s called stealing,” Glaser said. “The average number of songs sold for the iPod is 25, and there are many more songs on iPods than 25. About half the music on iPods is music obtained illegitimately either from an illegal peer-to-peer networks or from ripping friends’ CDs, which is illegal. But it’s the only way to get non-copy protected, portable, interoperable music.”

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/news/comments/real-ceo-ipod-users-steal-music/P25/

Waaaaaaaa.... Apple sells too many iPods Waaaaaa.......

All iPod owners are thievs WAAAAAAAAAA.....

what a whiny B*t*h....

i think im going to uninstall real player from the work PC and my girl's Dell tonight... who needs that crap anyway....

Moof1904

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2004
Him being a whining p-ssy aside, Real Player still sucks. That, of its own accord, is reason enough to avoid it.

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
GoldenChocobo77 said:
Please, people have been stealing music long before iPods became popular.

If any thing is to be wrongly blamed here, it's the internet.

...or computers....

...or Microsoft...

...or Intel...

...no wait, I've got it - it's the bands themselves. Damn then and their good music!

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
Electro Funk said:
What did you use in your search string?

sorry for the duped thread :(

I only searched for Glaser. Since MacRumors search lists threads with recent activity first you could have just not seen it as it was a month old, but it was there. :)

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
treblah said:
I only searched for Glaser. Since MacRumors search lists threads with recent activity first you could have just not seen it as it was a month old, but it was there. :)

WTF :confused:

i just searched Rob Glaser again and it came up???? wierd....

maybe i should go to bed.... :eek:

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
Unbelievable how easy it is for people to steal music in this new digital age!

Excuse me, I've got a mix tape I'm dubbing downstairs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.