"Real" Flash Drive Application for Iphone 5??

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by fskywalker, Oct 4, 2012.

1. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

Hi, I am looking for an application for the I5 that would allow me to use the spare capacity I have (mine is 64GB) to store files like a regular flash drive. I have seen so called flash drives application on the Apple Store, but they required you to use Itunes. Is there an application which would allow its use without Itunes?. As with my previous 4S, the computer does see the device and I can search and copy photos from its memory to other places, but there is no way to actually paste items there or have the PC/MAC unit to copy items there neither.

Thanks,

Francisco

2. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

As far as I'm aware iOS does not allow devices to do what you're wanting it to do. If you jailbreak you could do this "manually" via SSH. iExplorer might also be an option to do what you're looking for, but it would have to be installed on each machine you wanted to do this with, so it probably isn't any better than the iTunes based solutions. I know that non-iOS iPods have this ability (or at least they used to, the most recent non-touch iPod that I've owned/used is a 2007 iPod Classic).