Real MacBook update?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sinbushar, Jun 5, 2007.

  1. sinbushar macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2002
    Location:
    Jersey
    #1
    Do you think we can expect a real MacBook update within the next month or two? I need to replace my 17" original PowerBook with a shot screen and really need to do it within the next two months. Should I just bite the bullet and get the current model?

    Thanks.
     
  2. Igantius macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2007
  3. jellz macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 5, 2007
    #3
    don't think the macbook is going to be updated within a month or two.
     
  4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

    flopticalcube

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2006
    Location:
    In the velcro closure of America's Hat
    #4
    At the very least.
     
  5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

    edesignuk

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2002
    Location:
    London, England
    #5
    Buy now. An updated product has just been released. I wouldn't wait for another, I imagine all you'll get is a similar bump, and you'll have waited a lot longer than a month or two for it.

    Edit: Assuming you mean MacBook Pro here as you're talking of replacing a 17" Powerbook?
     
  6. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

    andiwm2003

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2004
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    #6
    i'm going for the current MB. i don't expect anything within the next 4 month. and even then the performance increase will be in the 10% range. it would only matter if you need the better GPU so much that you rather wait for 4 month.

    the real thing is that apple could release a 13.3 inch MacBook Pro in the $1700 price range. and that would affect all Blackbook and 15" MBP buyers who really wanted a 13" MBP. and there are a lot of people who want this.

    but since you never know you just buy what you need today and go with it. it's not that you can't sell and buy a new machine in a few month. it would be a pian but at least you get the new stuff then.
     
  7. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

    cyclingplatypus

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2007
    Location:
    Earth
    #7
    Buy now, granted the last update wasn't overly exciting it was an update and like the others have said it'll be at least a few months before they are updated again (most likely). I was happy just to buy after an update this time, normally I buy and then they update.
     
  8. sinbushar thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2002
    Location:
    Jersey
    #8
    The PowerBook was definately overkill. The current MacBook should be all that I need. With the new LED screens in the Pros, does anybody think that they will update the MacBooks similarly in the near future?

    Thanks for your input!
     
  9. Klisk macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 27, 2007
    #9
    Not until Leopard is released, unfortunately.

    The GPU is the only thing holding me back on the current macbook. I don't even care about the LED. I just want a slight better GPU, that's all, and I don't want to spend 2000 for it. So it's the waiting game. :(
     
  10. Wallace86 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2007
    #10
    November? Would it not make more sense to release an updated model along with Leopard?

    I'm going to wait.....I want to see Blue-rays and improved cases....specifically so that you can open them further and the magnetic latches. Save $120 on the OS....
     
  11. flopticalcube macrumors G4

    flopticalcube

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2006
    Location:
    In the velcro closure of America's Hat
    #11
    Blu-ray would come with a MacBook Pro before being offered in the MacBooks. I think January is more likely but anytime after Leopard is possible.
     
  12. JNB macrumors 604

    JNB

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2004
    Location:
    In a Hell predominately of my own making
    #12
    Now that might just be my sweet spot. I'm really, REALLY happy with my 2.16 Blackbook (not even a week old!), and i still don't even have the 2 Gigs of RAM added yet (Friday...).

    But something a touch above the MB, but below the MBP price, a combination of the best features (the black polycarbonate case is perfect for me, a dedicated GPU would be nice, mebbe LED backlit display, whatever), I could be convinced to eBay this one.

    But I'm just as happy to hold on to Mac #7 here for a few more years, too. :)
     
  13. weeman macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 6, 2007
    #13
    Rumor has it that apple ordered some 13.3" LED screens a while back...this could either be for the macbooks or a 13.3" MBP, who knows...
     
  14. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

    prostuff1

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2005
    Location:
    Don't step into the kawoosh...
    #14
    Let pray that almighty apple hears us lowly peasants and make a 13.3 MBP for me to put my cash down on. If they came out with that they would have my money in a matter of days minutes.
     
  15. weeman macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 6, 2007
    #15
    AMEN brotha!
     
  16. sinbushar thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2002
    Location:
    Jersey
    #16
    Where did you buy yours from? I am thinking of doing the same. And how much did you pay for the boost to 2Gb?

    Thanks!
     

Share This Page