Real or Fake Beats?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by duff31, Sep 26, 2013.

1. duff31 macrumors newbie

Hi guys.

Just bought these on eBay for over $200. Didnt say anything about being fake so I assumed they were real but I am of course doubting myself now. If they are fake then I will have to get a refund through Paypal but they haven't even arrived yet. Not sure if you can tell by the box if they are real/fake...

[​IMG]

2. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I highly doubt someone on eBay would admit they were fake. Are there any "TM"s or other trademark logos on the box?

Edit: nevermind you don't have them yet so you wouldn't know :p

Are there any other pictures in the posting?

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

The old ones that have the Monster branding are usually fakes

4. Pmpman macrumors member

Check the quality of the Band (i.e. plastic or metal), how does it bend fold, check the Logo's on the ears, are they perfectly molded or do they seem cheap and somewhat out of place.

5. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

Those are fake, I have a pair of blue Beats Studios, I know there are more than one model of Beats but those look like they're imitating the larger Studios. First off..the box doesn't say "Detox" on it at all or have any embedding.

Second, the headphones don't even look like that at all. Have you ever even seen a pair of Beats Studios in person? :eek:
    The headband only has cushioning at the top, and plastic on the sides. The earmuffs are WAAYYY too big, mine actually have half that amount of cushioning. Sad, you can buy the actual first-gens new for $250. Or new Beats Solo HD's for the same price you got those.

6. duff31 thread starter macrumors newbie

These aren't studio's..they are beats pro

7. moldy lunchbox, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013

moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

You mean the Beats Pros that say that on the box, and don't have "Beats" written on the side of the headphones?

Attached Files:

8. Manatlt macrumors 6502a

Are the "b" logos on the physical headphones plastic or metal-like? If plastic, fake.

9. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

Never buy Beats off EBay. I wouldn't even buy otterbox cases or Morphie juice packs. I thought Amazon would be a safe place but they allow fake stuff as well.

10. iSIILENT macrumors regular

They most likely are real , there is a special edition detox version , google is your friend !!

11. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

When you get them email the company and confirm the serial number. This will tell you if they are real. Some of the fakes area really really good.

Link to ebay page?

12. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

There are Detox Editions available.

13. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

I can't tell from those pics, maybe they're legit or maybe they aren't. I'm just saying they don't look like any Beats I've seen.

14. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

I hear you. Just wanted to make sure there was no confusion over the Detox Edition. Here is a link with pics from Amazon of the box as well as headphones:

Linky