Putting aside waiting for 2012 refreshes. Just dealing with 2011 models. Final decision may well be delayed until after refresh though. Not fussed about games - i am a xbox 360 man. Will for sometime - maybe forever - run a mixed pc and mac environment. Not considering laptops as 3g iPad 2 has been working well for the last 6 months as my carry around device. PC will remain as my 3d animation (maya) and video and photo editing (adobe elements and premier elements) for now. Would like Mac to take over iTunes, fileserving, backups, media management, general word processing, speadsheets, presentations etc (so I can get some benefit from iCloud). Intererested in music making with garage band, iMovie and iPhoto as a take out for pc photo and video editing. Possibly some website design and some programming (bored of visual studio). From a what I want to do point of view I conclude both the iMac and the mini will be fine regardless of what model. My problem is both have things I really don't like. The mini whilst amazing from a power usage point of view is really poor value wrt to the iMac. And the iMac is terrible from the single point of failure perspective. When I think buy base mini I conclude that by the time I have included the price of keyboard and mouse plus upgraded the memory I am getting a somewhat under powered device at a premium price. Up next is the mini with separate graphics card. Still only 2 cores. Ok get the server - but now by the time I have got the keyboard and mouse I am paying more than a base iMac. The base iMac gets me 4 cores 4g of RAM and a screen keyboard and mouse. That sounds like a much better deal to me. So what have I concluded? Unless you demand the mini form factor for whatever reason it is bad value for money and you should get an iMac. Is this a reasonable conclusion or have I missed something?