Real racing 2 HD crashing

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xxxsteveoxxx, Jul 29, 2011.

1. xxxsteveoxxx macrumors member

xxxsteveoxxx

I got the digital av adapter for my iPad 2 and now whenever it's plugged in real racing 2 HD crashes as soon as I load the app. Without it plugged in it runs fine. Tried redownloading it and it still does it. My iPad 2 used to have iOS 5 on it but I have restored it back to the latest standard os and it still crashes. Hdmi mirroring works fine besides that. Fire mint has no help nor does apple. 10 bucks down the drain I guess.

2. Cooolpenner macrumors regular

Try to remove all apps running in background.
    Normally it should work...

3. xxxsteveoxxx thread starter macrumors member

xxxsteveoxxx

Thanks for the reply. I tried it but is still force closes on the first screen that has the game logo

4. Cooolpenner macrumors regular

This is weird. Are you using the official adapter(made by Apple)?

5. xxxsteveoxxx thread starter macrumors member

xxxsteveoxxx

Yeah, I'm using the newest one with both hdmi and a spot for the sync cable to plug in too. Maybe it's because i used to be on iOS 5 because real racing wouldn't run at all on iOS 5. I now know it's not my tv though. Tried it on a friends and got the same result.

6. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

This may seem easy, but have you removed the app and re-installed it?

7. xxxsteveoxxx thread starter macrumors member

xxxsteveoxxx

Yeah, that's what firemint suggested. Are there Any settings on the iPad that can be adjusted? All I see are settings for widescreen and tv region settings

8. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

No, there isn't any settings for mirroring. It just works. ;)

I'll test it tonight and get back to you if anyone hasn't beaten me to it.

9. miusicmene macrumors newbie

hi, perhaps i can help a little!i've been having the same problem since the update but found out that the guys from firemint have been trying to adress the issue and said the bug will be fixed with the next update...
    in the meantime there's a workaround: just start the game and THEN plug in the cable + hdmi adapter!that really did the trick for me!
    have fun!cheers

10. xxxsteveoxxx thread starter macrumors member

xxxsteveoxxx

This works!!! Thanks so much. Also thanks to everyone else who replied and tried to help as well. Good to know firemint is going to address this.

11. miusicmene macrumors newbie

you're welcome!glad i could help!now we'll just have to wait for the next update...