Real Racing 2 HD

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by stuartmeyers, Mar 11, 2011.

1. stuartmeyers macrumors regular

stuartmeyers

Has anyone tried version 2 of Real Racing for Ipad? Is it the same as v1 with additions or is it a whole new game? And how is it?

2. EvilC5 macrumors 6502a

I got it this past weekend for my ipad2, never played the original version.

so far, im really enjoying it. started out on the easy level and am almost done with that. I play for 20-30 min while im laying in bed at night. its giving my ps3 with GT5 a needed break.

3. Ljwinter macrumors member

It's a great game. I have both versions (on my iPhone 4) but I plan on picking up the HD version for my iPad2. The game is a lot different than the first one in terms of the graphics, controls better and the cars have good speed to them. There is an occasional slow down during tight turns with lots of traffic (16 cars on the track) but other than that little hiccup the game is flawless. All licensed cars, they look great and the game has depth and is challenging. If you're looking for a racing game I highly recommend it. Don't let the $10 price tag push you away. You could easily put 15+ hours into this game before you know it.

4. stuartmeyers thread starter macrumors regular

stuartmeyers

Thanks for the reply. I do love my Ipad racing games and have Real Racing1 (finished it), NFS Shift (Yawwnnn), GT Racing (not bad), NFS Hot Pursuit (finished it), Reckless Racing (ok), Jet Car Racing (nearly finished it), Shrek racing (for kids) and other little apps which weren't much good.

So Real Racing 2 has different tracks and content and I have $10+ in my iTunes......mmmmm :)

5. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Being disappointed with infinity blade, I'm really tempted to get this.

Is there a demo? Can one change cockpit view?

6. Ljwinter macrumors member

Nice. I only have Real Racing 1 and 2 and I have NFS Hot Pursuit. I was doing some reading online about RR2 and they said the game is good on the iPad1 but not as good as the iPad2. It's the same but doesn't look as good. Just a little heads up if you intend to buy.

Yes they do have a cockpit view and on the iPad2 it's fully detailed. Check out the IGN review if you want more info. Sorry can't link to it...work bans videogame sites...but allows facebook:confused:

7. Stirolak123 macrumors 6502

You guys should get dark nebula. Its free right now and works perfectly on the iPad 1 or 2.

8. iPadztr macrumors 6502