Real Time Apple 128 SSD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iMackPro, Apr 18, 2011.

1. iMackPro macrumors 6502

Just for anyone out there who was wondering if the comparatively "slow" Apple branded SSD is really as slow as people are making it out to be, i am currently compressing the move Inception, Its 11.73 Gb and its has taken me about 4 minutes so far and its about 70% done. Pretty nice imo! im going to compress another Blu Ray here in a second and ill post these results as well!

2. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Technically, the SATA3 drives are twice to thrice as fast as the Toshiba (Apple) SSD. On benchmarks, they shine brighter. But for normal use, such as loading programs, moving realistic size files, and so forth, there is no comparison yet that should give most users reason to think that by upgrading to the faster SSDs that their computer will not have a 400 shot of NOS. Most programs still seem to be built around the HDD, and even the slowest of SSDs make load times so quick, that the improvement becomes small, despite substantial speed increases.

The Apple (Toshiba) SSD is still a very fast drive, as it is Toshiba's latest. To illustrate this, I will use modern media. It is fast like:

[​IMG]