Real time traffic?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by cbronfman, Sep 22, 2012.

1. cbronfman macrumors 6502

I live in Washington DC in a location with heavy traffic. In Google Maps I always saw red on a lot of streets I have to take and waited until parts of them were orange or figured out how to time where I had to go. With Apple Maps, I see no traffic data at all. Does anyone?

I went to Apple's support page, and made sure that traffic was turned on (System Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Traffic). It was/is. When I pull up Apple Maps, there is no difference in the map data when I "hide traffic" or "show traffic".

I guess this is a bug, but I entered it in Apple Feedback as an enhancement request. Maybe I'll go back and submit another comment.

Any suggestions? Does the traffic data just NOT work within a city or am I missing something.

2. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Interesting, I get traffic information when I click show traffic. Probably just a bug on your end.

3. cbronfman thread starter macrumors 6502

Where are you? US? Bug on my end? Something in my area?

I'm glad to know it's working somewhere. Gives me hope.

4. fastfinger macrumors member

I'm in Los Angeles and traffic data is very limited, freeways and some main streets. The majority of the city has no data at all, hard to tell if it's even working. Huge loss of functionality

5. Brazuca macrumors regular

Browsing the DC area I see traffic info. Some red on the beltway, like always, and some red inside the city. The more you zoom in, the more you get. Don't expect much at this time though.

6. terzinator macrumors 6502

I thought the same thing. Finally hit the road on a freeway trip and saw some traffic data. Instead of the obvious red/yellow/green to indicate traffic flow, the new app displays a kind of ambiguous reddish dotted line if traffic is stop-n-go. Seems like it shows a marginally less-bold dotted line if traffic is only kinda slow.

Much preferred the old way. Google didn't copyright those colors, did they? We'll probably be seeing branding on stoplights soon enough.