Real time video over internet... help!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by slipper, Dec 27, 2009.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

An idea just popped up to mind. I live here in Hawaii and i was planning to make a website on surfing and things related. An acquaintance of mine has a beachfront home. I was curious how would it be possible to have real time live video of the beach where people could see when they view the website. Preferably i would like it to be as un-intrusive as possible. Any ideas?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

I did see that when i did some research on google. Their website is really unclear and explains nothing. Can i embed the player onto my site?

I would prefer to use an outdoor network video camera so i do not need a computer. Like i said i would prefer to be as un-intrusive to my friends family as possible.

4. star-fish macrumors regular

I'm not sure how private this beach is, but you should probably ask someone's permission (local authorities?) if there's a chance you'll film people without their consent.

Quite frankly it's a nice idea but expensive and difficult to maintain. You might be better off crashing there for a few days and doing the filming yourself, then just uploading as video.