Real world 11 inch Haswell i7 battery life?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by pinkoos, Oct 16, 2013.

1. pinkoos macrumors regular

Hi

Those of you with an 11 inch Haswell i7 please post your real world average battery life. Stuff like internet, email, Office, video/music streaming/watching/listening (not encoding), etc.

I'm just trying to get a sense of how much the i7 affects battery life compared to an i5.

Thanks.

2. Miss Roxy macrumors newbie

I get around 7hr when I'm browsing the internet / watching a video / listening to music.

3. Chicane-UK macrumors 6502

I'd imagine mine would be about the same - mine gets down to about 60% when I'm using it on battery after about 2.5/3 hours, doing the same sorts of things as Miss Roxy. I've never run it longer than that on battery.

4. pinkoos thread starter macrumors regular

What do yours start out at when you first unplug it?

This morning, I unplugged the Air and my fully charged battery showed about 9 hours and 20 minutes remaining. Haven't had it long enough, though, to come up with an average battery life based on my usage.

5. Chicane-UK macrumors 6502

Estimated about 12 hours for me when I first unplugged it but I think that's a bit optimistic :)

6. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

I can't give you an exact life (in hours) but I can tell you that I don't feel the need to charge it everyday (unlike my mid-2010 MBP).