Real World example

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Denny Crane, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Denny Crane macrumors member

Denny Crane

where the iPhone 3G saved my backside. Today I was out of town on business in a larger city. I had car trouble this afternoon on the way home. I was able to use the GPS application and search for nearby towing companies to get someone to come and pick me and my car up on the side of the interstate. I could have found the information by other means, but the iPhone 3G made the process much easier and faster.

2. View macrumors regular

Or you can push the OnStar button :D and they'll tow your car for free (of course you already paid for that!).

However, the iPhone with GPS is just awesome, I agree!

3. rannddeee macrumors regular

How do you know he has OnStar? Didn't say whether he had a rental car or not. It just says he needed the tow company to tow his car.

4. taran420 macrumors 6502a

and isnt OnStar only in GM cars, he didnt even say what his make was.......

yea i agree, iphone does help a lot, just when i went to US and had to find a good dining place:p

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Not to poop on such a parade, but doesn't having AAA solve a lot of that? I've used them once all of 2 minutes from home so I'm not sure, but just wondering. However, I am imagining you telling a dude with a tow truck you GPS coordinates and the look of confusion on his face. Sure, you probably looked up a road intersection with Google Maps, but my idea is way funnier.

6. Denny Crane thread starter macrumors member

Denny Crane

It would, if I had AAA. I've always just had a roadside assistance add on to my car insurance policy. However, I can see where the AAA would be useful. What I was getting at with the GPS application was that I was able to find the closest towing company to me which cut down on the time I was sitting on the side of the interstate with cars going by at 90 MPH.

I was in a Ford, so Onstar wasn't an option either.... :p