Real world Pencil times?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by IpadsRIpads, Jun 22, 2017.

1. IpadsRIpads macrumors member

So, I got the pencil along with my pro 12.9. I've searched online but can't find real world charging and use times on the pencils. If you guys could give me a few numbers to find a good average of what to expect that would be great please.

Looking for both full charge times from dying to fully charged and how long a charge holds from full charge to dying.

Thanks a bunch ahead of time.

2. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

Personal experience with iPad Pro 12.9" Gen 1 and Apple Pencil:
    Charge 0%->100% took about 30 minutes.
    Battery lasts up to twelve hours depending on how heavy your usage. I've gotten mine to last days because I don't need to use it all the time for my needs.

3. IpadsRIpads thread starter macrumors member

Do you find that the pencil drains markedly faster when continuously connected to Bluetooth? In other words. I have to disconnect from Bluetooth for the pencil to be "on standby". But I would actually love for it to remain on Bluetooth. What have you seen?

4. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

I have not seen any abnormal battery drain with the Pencil always connect to Bluetooth. I have seen my Pencil go to "sleep" after ~30min of inactivity, but as soon as I pick it back up it automatically reconnects.