realistic hopes for Macbook Air gen 2

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by cwfrederick, Oct 7, 2008.

1. cwfrederick macrumors member

I love the MacBook Air. IMO it's the sexiest machine ever made. if I could make love to it I would. it's definitely going to be my next computer.

if anyone is interested, I wanted to start a thread where we could list and discuss realistic improvements that are practical and which don't try to make it something that it is not.

here's my wish list:
    better battery life
    smaller footprint from thinner bezel
    run cooler
    128 gig ssd option
    higher res screen
    higher res iSight
    better video performance/support
    improved speakers
    integrated 3g option

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

3G will never happen. Apple won't put this kind of stuff that takes up space, and not many people use. Battery life is possible with those new silver zinc batteries. Smaller footprint might be possible, with maybe a netbook? from Apple in the future. The 128GB SSD option is coming since Samsung released one quite recently. Screen, and the iSight will probably be pretty much the same. And if you want it to run cooler, you cannot have better graphics. Speakers, iono, this is a light computer, not your media center.

3. glitch44 macrumors 65816

aren't there 3 or 4 threads about this already?

4. ducatidoc macrumors regular

ducatidoc

+1

5. Barham macrumors regular

I think the key here is that they are supposed to be realistic predictions or wishes.

I agree with all of these except the 3G. The smaller footprint would be nice, especially by only reducing the bezel.