Realistic Nano Touch CONCEPT

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Andrew K., Aug 9, 2008.

1. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Did it Old school with pencil, sorry for crappy writing :)

[​IMG]

ideas, thoughts, go for it...

2. dark-saito macrumors regular

Badass my friend very badass. My only question is how will it differ from the iPod touch, save the size and screen resoultion?

3. Andrew K. thread starter macrumors 65816

smaller size and res of course, but should match close to the touch as does the ipod classic to the ipod nano

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

whoa no way! a smaller ipod touch!

good sketches though:)

5. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

looks very apple patent-ish. Nice job!

I think eventually the whole iPod line up will be touch screen (except maybe the shuffle)

6. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

We will never have touch screen nanos unless they are iPod touch size which would be pointless. The iPod touch is the smallest you can go without it been too difficult to punch in the keys.

7. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Of course a touchscreen has no keys, unless they become so valuable (stealable) Apple starts selling them with locks (and subsequent keys). :eek:

For what it's worth, I've got a touchscreen player the size of the drawing, and it's big enough to touch. :D

8. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

It's nice, but still a tad to big for a nano in my opinion.

9. Kohkane macrumors 6502a

I like this concept :)
    But wouldn't wifi be a little much? I know iTunes is a good reason for it..but..come on..how many of us actually get our music from iTunes? :p I also like the colored backing :D Hopefully the new iPods will have something like this :p

10. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Who says the future touch Nano (if it exists) requires you to punch in keys? It might not have wifi, so a keyboard won't be too useful anyway.

Gestures would be fantastic on a nano-sized iPod.

11. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

looks good, but i just dont know if i can ever see a nano with wifi

12. nintendude macrumors 6502

great job but i don't think they will put wifi on the nano except for wireless iTunes store. it looks a bit more like an iPhone nano

13. Pain macrumors regular

A touch screen iPod Nano is possible, yes, but what's the point? Pay another $100 to get an iPod Touch with mail, weather and internet?

14. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

^^

The iPod touch is too big for some people who want a player to work out with at the gym. The ipod touch is actually the worst possible MP3 player for the gym (not that a touch nano would be great either....in fact a shuffle is the best MP3 player for working out)

15. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Queshy is right. The iPod Touch is a big device. If all I'm needing is my music with me there are many other smaller devices that serve better. I'll take the current Nano with me, armbanded, while I walk, mow, travel (I drive), etc. The Touch is a "sit still to play with it" device.

A Touchscreen Nano would also become more of a "sit still" device, but that might move it into the PSP or DS market. It's smaller size would be more likely to leave the house with kids, so long as there were games to play on it.

16. yorkshire macrumors 6502a

yorkshire

Quite good looking, a slightly smaller/cheaper touch would sell extremely well to people who don't want to spend lots of money on the full featured touch.

17. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008072820 Firefox/3.0.1)

i think that is an awesome idea, an ipod touch nano, i hope apple makes it, i would buy ine, and have my full size ipod touch, and a nano touch

18. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I've photographed my HipStreet Touchscreen player next to a Nano to show that it's screen would be a perfect size on a nano body (less clickwheel). The screen is exactly as tall as the Nano's is wide, and no wider than would fit with the same bezel width all around on the nano body. A home button could be built into the bottom edge as opposed to the bottom of the face.

I'd buy one. The HipStreet's interface sucks. It feels like it's grafted straight off a device with button controls. Having the Touch interface, or even the nano interface with touch control would be far better.

Attached Files:

19. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

A few months back I started going to the gym, and the iPod touch I had was just awful for this purpose. The UI is terribly unintuitive while exercising. I was forced to just put it in the cup holder of the machine and just let it play. To modify the volume, I'd have to literally slow down my work out, pick up the device, slide, etc.

I sold the iPod touch when I got my iPhone. The iPhone is not good for the gym either, because it feels too "important" to use in the gym since it's also my phone and is more expensive than the touch (with the plan and all).

I bought an iPod shuffle and couldn't be happier. Cheap enough so that if it breaks you won't feel bad, but incredible quality. Just clip it onto your shirt and forget about it.

That being said, I hope they keep the scroll wheel on the nano. It works well for active people.

20. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Agree on both.

The Touch/iPhone are almost too small as they are.

21. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Agree and disagree.
    The Touch is too thin for my liking.
    But if it were any longer I would get very upset.

22. Woz Beard macrumors regular

Woz Beard

Pardon the ignorant question, but is there an iPod Touch knockoff out there that has the similar Home button and body? Well, here goes nothing. I saw a man on a plane with something that looked like an iPod touch, but that was 25% smaller in size. I was curious enough to stare at it (and him) long enough for him to hide it after a few minutes. I regret for not asking him about it.

I took a low quality picture on my iPhone that I will post later. You can barely make out the squarish Home button, but the player was definitely smaller than the current iPhone touch, yet bigger than the current Nano. I just assumed it was a cheap knockoff.

23. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Yes, plenty. Googling finds a fair few. Just browse for mp3 multitouch player and you'll find many

24. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

i agree with dark-saito. . very badass.
    i love the idea. . i doubt it would happen, but i'm a very pessimistic person.
    so here's to the future!! :apple:

25. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

It looks awesome, but I just can't imagine Apple producing these:(