Realistic Predictions for next iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TSE, Aug 26, 2008.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

I am most likely going to buy an iPod Touch once they get updated.

Realistically, what do you guys think is going to be updated/changed/added?

2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

16gb becomes $300, 32 becomes $400, doubtful we'll see a 64gb

internal speaker, dedicated hardware volume buttons like the iphone, maybe, maybe gps

3. California King macrumors 65816

Why in the world would an iPod need GPS? You need a cell network or some kind of receiver for that to work.

I say small visual improvements, slightly cheaper prices, no 8GB, and volume buttons. They still want iPhone to be the superior product, so they're not going to change too many things.

4. nirvana06 macrumors regular

You don't need cell network. All you need is a GPS receiver. You can get GPS in a watch now days, would not be a big surprise if iPod had GPS.

Also, i would love to have a GPS on my Touch. For people that travel this would be of big help. It for sure would help me find my way back to the central terminal in Amsterdam after visiting coffee shop on my layovers.

If it does not cost much, why not.

5. iwuzbord macrumors 6502

iwuzbord

really, the ipod touch isnt that far from getting a gps reciever. people might say, "why dont you get an iphone?" but the reason would be because of the service charges. Apple seems to be moving towards making the iPod touch an iPhone without the phone. i can actually see a gps. i can also see a price decrease and a hard drive increase. probably making 2.0 standard, possibly white and black models. they really cant do anything mind blowing with the touch at this point.

6. ChristopheJD macrumors regular

All you need is a GPS reciever if you have the maps pre-loaded on the device.

7. jsbarone macrumors regular

I'd love to see Bluetooth for headphones/app input and wireless syncing (I know bluetooth is slow, but passive wireless syncing would be awesome.)

Also, Bluetooth would open up iPod VOIP hacks that could turn the touch into an iPhone without service fees. I imagine that's exactly why Apple isn't putting bluetooth in the iPod, but it's only a matter of time. Wired headphones are so 90's.

8. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

If you spend too much time at that 'coffee shop', you won't find your way back GPS-enabled iPod Touch or not. ;)

9. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Realistic? We'll only know how realistic any guess was once the actual Touch is annouced/released.

It would be nice if they made it look a little different. The danger is there if they change it enough to obsolete all the existing cases for it.

10. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

do we REALLY need another one of these threads?

i swear, these are about as numerous as the "iphone has one speaker that doesnt work" threads

search the forums...

11. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

Realistically, dead obvious, doubling the GBs at the prices.

Idealistically, a speaker, a mic.

Uber-Lovely, it will be more powerful than the iPhone but without cell technology, and all those jerky cry babies will roll in their own tears and continue screaming like infants kicked in the nuts. This would be super fun, and I hope it happens... but it won't.

12. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

If they could make it THIS pretty I might sell mine and get one.

13. iMacmatician macrumors 601

8 GB: $249, may be dropped
    16 GB: $299
    32 GB: $399

iPhone-like design (but aluminum), GPS (maybe an option to not have it).