Realistically speaking, when will the watch arrive?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jian, Apr 12, 2015.

1. jian macrumors regular

So I was able to get the 4/24 delivery date at first but I had a little doubt on the color so after going back and forth for a bit, I ended up getting a mid May date, then I decided to try it in person before putting in my order. Long story short, I just ordered it this morning and got a June delivery. (Sports blue)

The guy at apple told me that from the info he received, we won't be able to buy a watch in person at the store, you can schedule a try on appointment and reserve a watch at the same time, but you won't be go in to buy one as like if you were going in the store to buy a mac or whatever.

Anyway, Since this is the first time that I ordered a new product on launch day without getting the first batch, how likely will I actually have to wait until June? I've heard from other people that Apple will very likely to bump up the actual delivery and there are some good chances that i will get my watch within a few weeks of initial launch?

Any experiences with past iPhone-ipad purchases with super late delivery dates?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Realistically speaking, we don't know.

However, it's common for Apple to be conservative in their shipping estimates and surprise the customers by shifting to earlier dates, especially with the iPhone/iPad. We may not see such a shift until the last minute (right before shipping) though.

3. jian thread starter macrumors regular

I read in another thread that iPhone 6 buyers with a much later delivery date actually received their new iPhone only a few days after the initial batch of deliveries.

I know watch is a new product and the supply is probably much tighter, but fingers crossed :cool::cool: