Reality Check

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ginsters, Nov 15, 2007.

1. ginsters macrumors newbie

I bought a brand new UK iPhone on saturday as it was well documented on the internet that the "hackers" would "unlock it within hours of launch"

After spending days trudging through these and other forums, it is becoming obvious that nobody is even close to completing this feat. The sim unlock with the new firmware has obviously got everyone beaten (for now)

I'm a vodafone user on a business account and I can't switch to o2 even if I wanted to, so thanks apple for that one.

I got 14 days to return my phone to the apple store for a refund, I suspect that I, and probably quite a few others will be doing just that.

I'm sure the phone will be unlocked eventually, but its looking like weeks or even months away to me.

If anybody were even close, where are they? I see nothing or no evidence that anyone is even close.

I sooooo wanted an iphone

oh well
    adios

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Pick up a 1.1.1 one from eBay.

FYI, up until a week before AppSnap was released it didnt look like anyone had cracked 1.1.1.

3. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Should have listened to me :)

There appears to be a 1.1.2 OTB method on modmyifone.com. There's another thread with people trying these things. I'd cut and paste the URL but posting from my iPhone.

An actual jailbreak of 1.1.2 seems a way off.

4. ginsters thread starter macrumors newbie

Its a lot better financially for me, to buy from apple store.

If I go down the ebay route, I pay too much and i've been burnt 3 times using ebay for expensive items from the states.

I agree, its looking like the only way of getting an unlocked iphone any time soon though.