Really annoying bug with 3rd party keyboards

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by duelingdragons, Sep 25, 2014.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

I've tried this on both Swype and SwiftKey, but basically, when you load a text message and go to reply, the text message behind the keyboard does not scroll to the most recent message - its sort of hard to explain, but with the original keyboard, the space above the keyboard always shows the most recent text message.

Anyone else seeing this?

2. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

Yes, I've seen that too and its annoying. I was playing around a bit now and it seems to be resolved in 8.0.2

3. sdmcwilliams macrumors member

sdmcwilliams

I am having the same problem. iOS 8.0.2 didn't fix it.

4. theman510 macrumors 6502

Same problem here using Swiftkey. Very annoying. Hopefully it's fixed soon

5. duelingdragons thread starter macrumors 65816

I was hoping 8.0.2 would fix it but I think this is on the keyboard devs to fix.

6. JoeTomasone macrumors 6502

7. bzavala macrumors member

Having the same issue with Swiftkey. So annoying. And 8.0.2 didn't fix it for either.

I have another issue I think it is related: when the phone is locked and I get an iMessage, when I try to reply, Swiftkey keyboard doesn't show up at all.

8. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

3rd party keyboard integration is horrific. I bought 3 of them and switched back to the apple keyboard since it's integrated much better.

9. rdstoll macrumors 6502

Yes I have this exact same issue. Very annoying.

10. bigjnyc, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014

bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I was really hoping 8.0.2 would fix this but it didn't. Happening to me with Swype and with swiftkey. Also not relegated to messages. it happens with whatsapp and google voice texting. I'm thinking Apple fixed something with 8.0.2 but now the individual devs have to fix something on their end.

Edit: Actually it's not happening in whatsapp or google voice, only messages... so it does appear to be an Apple issue.

11. PMR macrumors 6502

PMR

I believe its an iOS issue. I don't have that problem in Viber or WhatsApp, just in iMessage. But i'm not a developer, so...

12. tengorazon macrumors member

Yes! Very annoying. And for some reason, Swiftkey suddenly stopped working with text messages. Maybe a reboot will fix it.

13. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

Yes tons of issues. I'm just being patient and expect it will work as well as on Android and Windows in about six months or so. I'm just glad we'll get there eventually, whereas before there was no hope.

14. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

It's an ios bug so you'll have to wait for Apple to fix it. Nothing the keyboard app devs can do.

15. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I hope this gets fixed in iOS 8.1, I really like using swiftkey but this bug is annoying since I use it in messages the most.

16. Tzuten macrumors 6502

3rd party keyboards have issues:

-The issue you refer to on this thread
    - Stock keyboard being set back as default (only the password revert was fixed in 8.02)
    - On spotlight searches the keyboard will randomly not appear
    - When using the keyboard I will get random crashes back to the springboard

17. trebb macrumors newbie

I've had the same thing happen. 8.0.2, a reboot, and uninstalling/reinstalling SwiftKey didn't do anything. I had deleted the "English" keyboard as well. SwiftKey just stopped working in texts... but everywhere else it still worked. Switched back to the Apple keyboard for the time being. :(

18. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Anyone using the 8.1 beta that can verify if this has been fixed or not?

19. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Still happens in 8.1

20. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

That's unwelcome news. sigh.

21. Stuntman06 macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

I have major issues with SwiftKey on an iP5S running 8.02. The landscape keyboard has so many issues that it just wasn't worth using. The keyboard appears in the middle of the screen instead of the bottom. When you finished typing a full screen of text, it scrolls, but the bottom line is still beyond the edget of the window.

22. gavroche macrumors 6502a

gavroche

anyone else have a problem sending photos via message using swiftkey? specifically, after you select a photo, and click to send via message.... you cannot see the field where you enter in the contact or phone number of the recipient. It is obscured behind part of the photo. you cannot scroll to see it at all. The only thing you can do is start typing, and a list of suggested contacts will appear. But if you are just trying to enter in someone's phone number, hard to be sure you are entering it correctly if you cannot see it.

23. gswilder macrumors regular

Ditto

Yes having many of the same issues. Text message not scrolling to the end of the messages, so covers up part of the text. Also, still switches back to stock keyboard at times.

Also, is anyone else getting text messaging lock ups? Seems to have something to do when the 3rd party keyboards are being used. But doesnt happen 100% of the time. I have to manually quit the text app and restart.

24. Makale.Helvetia macrumors 6502a

Makale.Helvetia

same issues as well..

are these from ios bugs or about 3rd party keyboard compatibility?

25. davew41 macrumors member

Yup, same here on the 5s, tried both keyboards..
    Seems IOS8 is a bug :)