Really annoying mac pro problem

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Macpropro80, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Macpropro80 macrumors 6502

Hey everyone, I have a 2008 Octo mac pro. I recently got two new nvidia gt120's for it. I noticed that after about 15 minutes of use, or if I use a program that puts ANY load on my CPU, my mouse jumps around like its having a seizure. It makes the computer UN-usuable. It started after I updated to OSX 10.5.8, and It continued even after I installed Snow Leopard. I tried resetting the PRAM, Doing a repair disk permissions, changing the surface the mouse is on, using a wired mouse, a wireless mouse, changing mouse brands and NOTHING worked. Can someone please help me? Im about to ditch this computer. Its becoming a $4500 frustration generator. I use an MX Revolution desktop mouse (wireless) I tried a logitech G7 wired mouse, and it didnt help. I also tried a kensington wireless mouse and still had the same problem. The problem is most noticeable in iTunes. I also tried different USB ports.

2. Macpropro80 thread starter macrumors 6502

quick thought could this be why apple doesn't officially support the GT120 in the 2008 mac pro?

3. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

if you still have your 2600XT lying around.. take both 120GTs out and put it back in and see if your problems go away

4. tribe3 macrumors 6502

Tough... I had my mouse going crazy on my 2006 machine once in a while but it got fixed by plugging a non-Apple mouse for a while ...random I know but it was a fix.

In your case the only thing you got is changing back to the old card and see if it works.

Good luck

EDIT: Hey sparkie; both posts at 11:35 PM (my local time) ;)

5. Macpropro80 thread starter macrumors 6502

It didnt help...... I am really about to lose my patients with this machine. It has given me nothing but problems since I bought it last august.

6. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

I hope no one dies! Or did you mean patience?

is anything else running or taking up cpu while this happens?

7. Macpropro80 thread starter macrumors 6502

It usually starts when I open Final Cut Pro, itunes, or quick time. Or leave the computer on for more then 30 minutes.

8. forester54 macrumors member

forester54

do you still have your original MP mouse? see if it does it with that as well. Just start a process of elimination