REALLY annoying Safari issue...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jbrown, Oct 22, 2007.

1. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

This problem used to happen every now and then, and has become more and more frequent, so now really getting in the way of using Safari.

What happens is when I click on a link or type in a new address, and press return, the progress in loading the new page will get stuck - usually at the http:// point. Sometimes it gets a bit further.

The blue progress bar reaches here and stops ( the little spinning circle carries on spinning ). Now if I press the link again ( or press the Reload button to stop the load and then again to refresh the page) , it will load normally. Sometimes I have to do this a few times to get it to load.

So I'm having to load a page a couple of times or more before it'll load normally.

Any thoughts?

cheer:)

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

3. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Has anybody found uploading anything using Safari to be impossible?

Everytime I've uploaded any images on mac rumors or various other sites it just comes up with safari cannot display the page, very annoying

5. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

I've had the same problem, really bad at times. Doesn't seem to be as bad lately, but I have no idea why. I wish I knew. How's your internet connection configured? I'm using cable broadband to Airport Extreme, at 802.11G.

I haven't had trouble uploading. It's slow, but I've always figured that's because broadband upload rates are often considerably slower than download rates. I have no idea what my ISP (comcast) claims for an upload rate, but I bet it's slow compared to download.