Really confused about iPad 2 back cover...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JackSpearo, Apr 2, 2011.

1. JackSpearo macrumors regular

Hey all,

So I really thought the iPad 2's backing was either black or white (much like the iPhone 4's backing... or in other words/pics, like this: http://ojtech.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/ipad-2-white-580x350.jpg )... I'm totally mistaken aren't I? I have searched around and I was curious, do you all think this will eventually be made like in the pic, or was this only a concept?

thanks,

Jack

2. shandyman Suspended

Wasn't that pic a mocked up guess of what it would look like ages ago

Every official pic and vid since the announcement has clearly shown a curved aluminium back

3. smugDrew macrumors member

4. G-Mo macrumors 6502

G-Mo

5. gchhour macrumors member

6. vladtheimpaler macrumors regular

vladtheimpaler

7. shandyman Suspended

Wow, how many people want to repeat a variation of my answer? Lol.

8. JackSpearo, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2011

JackSpearo thread starter macrumors regular

No guys, I said that I searched and I found the back was aluminum. That wasn't the main question, sorry. I was curious if maybe in the future apple has announced anything or if there has been any rumors as to maybe the back being different.

I mean, I occasionally read up on apple stuff, go easy on me guys/gals. I don't read as passionately as you all do... :-\

thanks...

9. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

Not quite, the iPad 2 back plate is way more hardy.

I've used mine since release while waiting for a Portenzo case, and thank God, it's still devoid Of any scratches....

The iPod touch back is infinitely more fingerprint and sctatch prone, the Touch's back scratches just by looking at it....

10. ghostshadow macrumors regular

ghostshadow

The iPad has a brushed / sand / bead / tumbled back. The iPod touch has a polished aluminum back. They process the backs with some kind of a medium so it's not as easily scratched like the mirror polished back of the iPod touch.

I know the MacBook Pro bodies are anodized after they aremanufactured. At least they used to be. I don't know about the iPad though. It could just be electromatically sealed and finished without anodize.

11. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

I think what was meant is that its flat like the iPod rather than the curved back as the iPad 1 has.