Really Cool Quicktime Widget

shambolic

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2003
Staten Island, NY
It's actually not overly difficult to get equivalent functionality without having to flip to dashboard.

Open up Script Editor (in /Applications/Applescript - may require dev tools), create a new script with the following command:

tell application "QuickTime Player" to present movie 1 scale screen

Save as FullScreenQuickTime.scpt (or whatever name you like) in ~/Library/Scripts.

Open Applescript Utility (again in /Applications/Applescript), check the box "Show Script Menu in menu bar".

Launch your Quicktime movie. From the new menu bar script menu, select your script, and the movie will resize to full screen, without having to go to Dashboard.

This also works on Panther (and probably Jaguar)..

abrooks

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2004
London, UK
shambolic said:
It's actually not overly difficult to get equivalent functionality without having to flip to dashboard.

Open up Script Editor (in /Applications/Applescript - may require dev tools), create a new script with the following command:

tell application "QuickTime Player" to present movie 1 scale screen

Save as FullScreenQuickTime.scpt (or whatever name you like) in ~/Library/Scripts.

Open Applescript Utility (again in /Applications/Applescript), check the box "Show Script Menu in menu bar".

Launch your Quicktime movie. From the new menu bar script menu, select your script, and the movie will resize to full screen, without having to go to Dashboard.

This also works on Panther (and probably Jaguar)..
But the widget does it all for me :p

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
lol and i spent £20 for quicktime pro

but then again i could'nt live without exporting and saving movies from web ;)