Really Dislike iPad APP Store

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gregrose, Mar 25, 2011.

1. gregrose macrumors 6502

Hey guys, just purchased the ipad 1 for $300 today, I also have an iphone 4. I gotta say, I love how the iphone 4's app store is setup, very well organized.

BUT The iPad app store i think is terrible. First off, It doesnt have categories with games, I cant just click on games and see the top FREE games, as with the iphone's app store...

Am I completely missing something here? Why cant I just search top paid apps / top free apps within everything, when i go to games, i barely have that many games to search through, theres gotta be a better way that im completely missing here. iPhone's app store is setup up so much better.

Thanks

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Select "Top Charts" at the bottom, then select "Categories" at the top left and tap on "Games." You will get a list of top free apps and top paid apps.

3. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

You want some cheese with that whinnnnnne?? Wah wah

4. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

I agree though. I like how you can look at games specifically by genre in the iPhone app store. I really wish they would add that feature. It's kind of strange how the device with more screen real estate and an app store/iTunes more closely resembling the full computer ones, has less organization features than the iPhone, especially after a year.

5. y2flyy macrumors member

Wow thanks I've had the iPad since Day 1 and this has urked me about the app store. I did not know this. Much better!

6. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

;)

7. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

The thing I dislike most is the way the pages work or whatever.

"show more"

then when you open and download an app, you have to start from page one.

nom sayin'

8. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Yeah, just to scroll through all 100 entries in the top charts is a huge pain. Loading is slow and like you said it resets to the beginning if you check out an app and come back. I think that there should be a set of buttons at the top to choose between Top Paid, Top Free, and Top Grossing, then each would have it's own page and it would just show more as you scrolled.

9. eddiexhart macrumors regular

eddiexhart

I HATE that! Drives me nuts!:mad:

10. gregrose thread starter macrumors 6502

I just don't understand why it's so much different in a worse way. iPhone app store is totally perfect setup & they could make iPads the same way but it's way worse.

I personally believe it's more difficult to get people to spend more $$! :)