really easy to use .gif creator??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SBik2, Apr 21, 2007.

1. SBik2 macrumors 6502a

SBik2

does anyone know of a really really easy .gif creator? or if there is a way with mac os x apps that came with my macbook?

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i too would like to know...
    so far i haven't found anything

3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Not sure exactly what you are trying to do, but here it goes:

1) If you are just looking to convert existing files .png or .jpeg or such into .gif, the Preview app in your Applications folder can do that under the Save As... command.

2) The shareware program Graphic Converter will save as .gif...it has some painting tools in it, so if you are looking to create from scratch or edit an original before you create a .gif, that might help.

4. SBik2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

SBik2

Well im not trying to convert a picture but i am trying to make an animated .gif. Can graphic converter do that?
    EDIT: I tried graphic converter and it looked kinda confusing to ge what i wanted done. So i basically need a simple way

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i'm trying to make a new 'tar i want it to go from two pictures and have some sorta animation to transform to the other picture

6. SBik2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

SBik2

Thats what i wanted to do(but my 'tar is for a different site because i only have round 307 posts) i just couldnt figure out what i wanted and how to put it in words

7. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Check out this one...if that doesn't look good, look through this list to see if anything there looks good...the first listing looks perfect, but it's last update is 2001, so it won't run well on your Macbook if it even runs at all.

Good luck.

8. skwij macrumors 6502

New to vid stuff here, so if I'm talking out my butt, don't flame me! Please?!?!

Doesn't GIMP allow you to save animated gifs? I seem to remember using it to save an online gif I wanted.

Dunno how you would create the animation to begin with, but I'm pretty sure GIMP saves as animation.

9. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

TheAnswer it works decently IMO

[​IMG]

made that from it.

10. bartelby macrumors Core

Argh!! Flashy image!!

11. Mac Kiwi macrumors 6502a

If you have Photoshop try Imageready.....Its not amazing but it can suffice for very basic ani gifs.