Really good suggestion for screen protectors

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by spiderman0616, Apr 1, 2011.

1. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

For any of you who are in the market for screen protectors, I thought you may want a really good suggestion of a seller on eBay. The seller is valuebuybattery and they usually sell 6 sets of protectors (6 for the front glass and 6 for the back glass) for around $5.

I don't know where these guys are getting them, but they are perfectly cut for the iPhone 4 if you get them aligned at least close to right, and they seem to just kind of suck on to the glass when you put them on, moreso than other ones I've bought before. If you use a squeegee like the one that comes with the ZAGG protectors to get the bubbles out, your glass will look flawless. On my phone it doesn't even look like there is a screen protector there. You may need to try a couple of times, but you get 6 tries, so you'll have some left over when you're done.

I'm not affiliated with these guys in any way--I have just had really really good luck with their screen protectors and just ordered a set for my iPad 2, (which I don't have yet). They look like the same exact thing I get for my iPhone, so I imagine they're every bit as awesome.

Just a suggestion.

2. spiderman0616 thread starter macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

3. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I usually purchase my screen care from this link:

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I use ghost armor as there is a kiosk outside of my local apple store. I've appreciated the quality and durability of the product. I recommend it highly

5. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Looks like they're the cheap-as-chips Chinese no-name protectors.

imo they're better than any $20 brand name crap which needs 'wet-application' and feels like rubber (if the posters on here are to be trusted) :)

6. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

If you have a academy sports store in your area. Go there. Can't remember the name but there on the wall after checkout. $5 front and back. Clarity is good. Thickness of the protector is good. There not as good as SGP which is what I normally use on all my phones about longevity but hey, for 5 bucks.... That's 3 sets of SGP or powersupport and its local.

7. gigemzach macrumors 6502

Do the iPad 2 protectors fit perfect and have a cut out for the camera?

8. spiderman0616 thread starter macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I will have to answer that when I get my iPad 2. There is a hole cut out for the camera, but I'm not sure on the fit. My iPad 2 won't arrive until the end of the month, so I'll report back then if I remember.

9. spiderman0616 thread starter macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

They're way better than those crappy wet apply protectors and don't have a tacky feeling to them. I have bought two ZAGG shields in my life, and both looked and felt like garbage.

I have ordered 3 different packages of protectors from this particular seller and all have been of high quality. The only reason I had to remove them is because I had to replace my iPhone. It's very easy to get them on and aligned correctly because they are just barely undersized so there is not much chance that the corners will pop up on you. Also the holes are cut out perfectly, unlike some of the other cheap-o ones you can buy. And the beauty part is that he sends you six sets, so you have a few chances to get it right.

10. LightSpeed1 macrumors 6502a

LightSpeed1

PowerSupport are good screen protectors as well. They'll run you around $15.

11. iBet macrumors newbie

12. gigemzach macrumors 6502

I just ordered these off of eBay. Hopefully they are good. I'm not sure if I want to take my BSE off.

13. orange42 macrumors 6502a

I always order mine off eBay and have never had a problem with any of them. I remember a few months ago people were talking about how they'd never use screen protectors they buy from eBay thinking the glue on them would mess the screen up. Yeah that's never once happened and I've used over 20.

14. BadMoon macrumors 6502

While I can't recommend their kiosks (none in my area) I can certainly vouch for the quality of their product and their customer service. Top notch! :cool:

15. flapjacky macrumors newbie

He raised the price almost 7x the original $3... :mad:

16. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

This guy is also selling a 6-pack of ipod touch protectors for $100+...

Seriously, what's the deal with that?

17. gigemzach macrumors 6502

These protectors are okay but not great. The cutout for the home button is a little large and very difficult to keep dust out. The material is better than other cheapos but not compared to the fancier ones. There is a slight rainbow effect. Not horrible overall for $5.99.

18. maniacphoner macrumors regular