Really laggy MBP(early 2011)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DerekRod, Oct 23, 2012.

1. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

So after upgrading to OS X lion iPhoto and iWork just wouldn't work beach balls constant freeezes crashes.tried fresh installs of OS X re downloading the programs.Nothing genius said it was ram.even though I have 16GB.Out of frustration with Applecare,geniuses,I upgraded to ML and still have the issue.Any one else having this issue?I also emailed Schiller kind of as a way to vent but got a response from the Executive team?What exactly should I do?Anyone have expertise in dealing with the "Executive team"?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You don't need to contact Apple executives about a technical issue. You simply need to troubleshoot and diagnose what the problem is. Apple execs can't help with that.

If you're having performance issues, this may help:

Follow every step of the following instructions precisely. Do not skip any steps.
    1. Launch Activity Monitor
    2. Change "My Processes" at the top to "All Processes"
    3. Click on the "% CPU" column heading once or twice, so the arrow points downward (highest values on top).
      (If that column isn't visible, right-click on the column headings and check it, NOT "CPU Time")
    4. Click on the System Memory tab at the bottom.
    5. Take a screen shot of the entire Activity Monitor window, then scroll down to see the rest of the list, take another screen shot
    6. Post your screenshots.

3. DerekRod thread starter macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

4. DerekRod thread starter macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Please re-read step 3 and try again.