Really like the iPad now I have one...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lidomkj, Nov 20, 2010.

1. lidomkj macrumors regular

The point of this post is to say, get one now if you are on the fence. You won't regret it. Enjoy it now and in a few months, put it for sale and get the new one if it has features you want. If this version meets your needs, you will be happy. If you don't NEED one, then wait. If you WANT one, get it.

I did not think I would care for the iPad since I have the iPhone4, a MacBook, 2 netbooks, 2 laptops and the kids have all the old iPhones and an iTouch.

I really enjoy this new toy! I did not even notice the difference in screen from the retina display as much as I thought. Watching Hulu or Netflix on the larger screen is incredible! Holding it up to my 55" HD tv across the room, the aspect ratio is like watching a large projection screen in my lap. Can't wait for xfinity to start streaming tv and on demand.

I hardly touched my MacBook. I will be selling my netbooks now since they are being replaced by the iPad. With Docs to Go, keyboard, V1 golf, MobileMe....it meets everything I need for lightweight travel. Entertainment and business all wrapped up in one. I just need to get the camera connector for recording golf swings and loading it to the iPad, but I can use the V1 locker for now. Record on my iPhone and load to the locker. Don't even need the video camera.

2. Maziar macrumors 6502

3. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

Congratz bro! I also recently got mine and I'm in love with it!

4. zasr4325 macrumors member

Just got one too about three days ago, and love it! To be honest, when I first saw it, I was really impressed by it, but didn't see the need as I had an iPhone 3G and a MacBook which did everything I wanted. Then I upgraded to iPhone 4 and really didn't see the point, but I tried one out in Heathrow and was sold. It was portable enough to carry to work, but big enough to make typing easy enough, and the interface was amazing. The main reason I was hesitant to get one now was because of the inevitable Apple update cycle, but I went for it and it was definitely the right decision. The things that are rumoured in the iPad 2 (camera for facetime, hi res screen, front facing camera, etc.) are mainly all in the phone at the moment, so it's not really too big an issue for me. The only reason I'd think about getting an iPad 2 would be if it had a significantly faster processor. But definitely worth it and good for work with docs to go, but would be significantly better with ios4.2.

5. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

IMO the next ipad will not have a higher res screen. It will be thinner and lighter though.

Hope that makes it even less of a deal breaker :p

6. zasr4325 macrumors member

i dont think so either, mainly because of the drain it would have on battery life. but it is rumoured, albeit only because the ipod touch got the retina display after the iphone. if they did somehow manage something similar to the retina display, that would be awesome, but again id still probably wait till ipad 3, as im loving mine