Really like the oem Smart Cover for the Mini 4

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Mystro, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Mystro macrumors 6502

Mystro

Just wanted to chime in after a few days use with my new Mini 4. I ordered the smart cover from Apple for the Mini 4 a week before my mini showed up. Now that the Mini 4 has been with me a few days, I have found its Smart Cover has not left its side. The design of the new Smart Cover is better than all my other older Apple smart covers. It has a magnet that allows it to be folded strait back and hold very securely to the back of the Mini 4. This offers the thinnest holding arrangement of any cover still attached to the tablet.
    This also allows the cover to stay attached when on my Twelve South Mini 4 stand. The typical folding positions work like all the other smart covers in the past from Apple which is to say excellent.

Bottom line....I recommend the Apple factory smart cover for the new Mini 4.

Twelve South charging stand from the Apple Store.
    [​IMG]

2. sdv5 macrumors member

Thanks, Mystro. Any chance you could post a picture of the smart cover folded completely to the back of your iPad Mini 4?

3. Adamj53 macrumors member

I like mine and the new colour choice also (got Midnight Blue) I just wish the backs were more reasonably priced.

4. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

Does that mean you did not get it or you did(back cover)?

5. Adamj53 macrumors member

I didn't get the back just the front, I am not sure I can justify the price but I do like the OEM look. :(

6. vega07 macrumors 65816

Also purchased midnight blue Smart Cover. I normally wouldn't spend $40 on a case, much less a cover...but the only good looking option available right now is the OEM cover. It definitely looks nice and does the job well. The magnets are very strong. However the right edge of the case protrudes by some millimeters which is at times bothersome.

7. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i like them, too!

I ordered pink with my mini 4 order... then thought I'd prefer white... so ordered that one (returning the pink... not a fan of the shade of pink)... but I'm worried that the white is going to get filthy!

I got cinnamon dolce on it this past weekend and it wouldn't wipe off with just a tissue although it did with a wet paper towel once I got home... plus the gray one I have on my original mini looks pretty ragged from use over the last 2 years.... so I'm REALLY thinking I need to return the white and get either the current gray (much darker than my original one) or the midnight blue.. it's really, really pretty!

8. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

Just picked up the case and cover. Yes it is a bit overpriced but the quality is up there. For me the convenience of being able to pull off the cover and use the iPad for games or whatever, without having to hold onto the cover up against the back of the case is, really nice.

9. h00ligan macrumors 68030

10. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

Best Buy has it at 2.24 ounces. Not sure if that's including the box though, but even if it is, the case is pretty darn light

11. craftEcowgirl macrumors member

Does cover fold back to silicone back and stay back?

12. jrs22 macrumors 6502

Yes