Really long shipping times?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JD92, Sep 9, 2011.

1. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

Hi folks,

My new CTO MacBook Pro is listed as having shipped on September 8th on the Apple Store site, but the delivery date is September 19th. This seems awfully long, the last time I ordered a Mac earlier this year the delivery date was listed as no more than a day or two after the shipping date.

In the email it said the carrier name was Syncreon, whereas the confirmation email for my last Mac said UPS (UK).

What gives?

2. SlickShoes macrumors 6502a

There is probably no local stock so your MBP is shipping direct from the factory in China. When the MBP was released mine took about a week to arrive from China.

3. alFR macrumors 68020

They usually under promise and over deliver re: the shipping times: mine came in 5 days less than the estimated time.

4. JD92 thread starter macrumors 6502a

JD92

Thanks guys, just off the phone with Apple and they said once the MBP arrives in the UK I'd get a more accurate estimate, and that the current estimate is just an absolute maximum.

5. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

CTOs take a bit longer, they're are custom built.

6. Lozza-p macrumors newbie

I got my MBP with a 750gb hard drive in 5 working days from china the estimated time was 2 weeks. They don't keep it updated though when I received mine it still said it would update when in the uk.

7. davmcn macrumors regular

mine took around a week to get here including the weekend.