Really loud volume with dock connector

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Michael73, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Michael73 macrumors 65816

I'm using a new iPhone 3G S and downloaded the Pandora app. I bought an extra apple dock so it can charge on my desktop and I've got a cable going from the audio out on the dock to the audio in in back of my MP so I can take advantage of the speakers I've got connected to the MP. The problem is that whenever a song is play I can't control the song volume through Pandora. the volume controls on the apple wireless keyboard don't work and it neither do the volume controls in iTunes. I can't seem to turn down the volume. How do I do this?

2. EKS Productions macrumors newbie

Having the same problem. I purchased a dock-connector-to-aux-port adapter and it's a ridiculously hot signal and it overdrives my aux port on my car. Probably because it's expecting a headphone signal, not a super-hot line level signal. :eek:

Anyway I'm thinking of putting a little volume adapter in between, but that kind of negates the reason why I bought the adapter in the first place.... to reduce cable clutter!!! :mad:

Any help or advice on this topic will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

3. EKS Productions macrumors newbie

OK, so I tried an inline headphone volume adapter, and it didn't work. In fact, it made the problem worse (probably because it was not expecting that high of a signal).

Does anyone know of an external adapter that would attenuate/reduce the signal level between the adapter and my Aux port on my car?

iCarCharger --> {adapter} --> AUX

All ideas and suggestions will be appreciated at this point since I'm at my wit's end with this lame problem.