REALLY low battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mackmgg, Dec 13, 2008.

1. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

ok i have a MacBook Pro Santa Rosa 2.2ghz, and ive had it for about a year and a half now. so the battery is about 30% health and will only get like 1 hr of battery on a good day. is there anyway 2 get it replaced from apple? i have the AppleCare, but im not sure if that covers the battery.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

batteries degrade over time with use:cool:

you will have to fork out for a new one

3. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I wouldn't say so. 30% after a year and a half isn't normal. But if you have 300+ cycles on it you will run into trouble. Can't hurt going to an Apple store (if one is nearby) or calling Apple. I have had a battery replaced both ways without any hassle and mine were at 60-70% with ~125 cycles.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you have AppleCare you may have a shot, but otherwise, batteries are considered consumables and therefore after a year they are no longer guaranteed to last. Much like toner on a printer. Can't get it replaced once you use it unless the cartridge leaks or something.

5. mackmgg thread starter macrumors 65816

mackmgg

ok i got it august 07 so about 1.5yrs and the exact specs:

242 cycles
    42% Battery Health

does anybody no any 3rd party batteries that might last longer if i cant get it replaced under apple warrrenty?

6. kurenaiz macrumors member

I've read from somewhere in apple's site that the battery is under warranty if it's under 300 cycles, no matter how old it is.

So, hurry up and get a replacement.

7. alexprice macrumors 6502a

That would only apply to certain batteries covered by an extended warranty, the 2.2/2.4GHz model wasn't part of that program.