really messed up bootcamp. how can i get to windows bios?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jonahtron, Jun 2, 2011.

1. jonahtron macrumors member

ok, so i installed windows 7 on macbook, yeah i think i wasnt supposed to do that to start with!
    and now im on windows but cant install the bootcamp utilities for some reason...

i figured an easy dirty fix would be to just get back onto my mac osx and delete the windows partition but im stuck in a loop of only being able to boot into win 7... i thought if i could find the key for getting into windows bios then i could alter the boot order... but as i say i cant find the right key/button and am just stuck in a permanant win 7 loop.

is there any way out of this?!

im guessing that macs have no way of booting to any bios as thats just a pc thing... ive read about openfirmware.. but cant seem to figure out how to do it

ANY help much appreciated

oh and just in case... there is no need to let me know how stupid and careless i was. i no know!

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There is no BIOS on Intell based Macs, nor is there OpenFirmware. Intell Macs have something called EFI. To pick which partition you want to startup from, hold down the Alt/Option key right after you press the power button.

4. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

If you overwrote your OS X install, post back and someone will guide you through wiping your HD and re-installing OS X.

5. jonahtron thread starter macrumors member

Phew! problem solved
    That was a lot of panic over nothing lol
    Thanks guys