Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theapplehead

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 17, 2018
North Carolina
So I was setting up my Eduroam wifi on my computer and was prompted to always allow "eapolclient wants to access key SecureW2 JoinNow Private Key." I accidentally selected disable and now when I try to get my computer to show that screen again, it never comes back up. I don't want to go through the hassle of restoring my computer to a previous version so I was hoping there was another way to reset my wifi settings or keychain access so I could get the dialogue box to show always allow and select that option. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
So I was setting up my Eduroam wifi on my computer and was prompted to always allow "eapolclient wants to access key SecureW2 JoinNow Private Key." I accidentally selected disable and now when I try to get my computer to show that screen again, it never comes back up. I don't want to go through the hassle of restoring my computer to a previous version so I was hoping there was another way to reset my wifi settings or keychain access so I could get the dialogue box to show always allow and select that option. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
What happens if you go to System Preferences > Network Settings, select that network > click Advanced, select the network again, and click the minus button to remove it. When you re-add it, does the prompt appear?

Last edited:

theapplehead

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 17, 2018
North Carolina
What happens if you go to System Preferences > Network Settings, select that network > click Advanced, select the network again, and click the minus button to remove it. When you re-add it, does the prompt appear?
I was never able to connect to the network so it’s not visible in my list of previously connected networks. I ended up just resetting my Mac from a previous time machine backup and now everything is working as it should. I appreciate the advice though!

Reactions: 0128672
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.