Really need a screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zeos, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Zeos macrumors 6502

I have always used a screen protector on past iPhones. I am picking up my 6 this afternoon and was wondering if I should see how it is to use the phone without that protection. How scratch-prone is the glass really? What are the benefits of a naked screen?

2. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

Regardless of what people tell you, you absolutely don't need a screen protector.

3. Zeos thread starter macrumors 6502

Even if it's going to be in my pocket, briefcase, etc.?

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

As much as I don't ever want a screen protector because it takes away from the display, I know that if I get a scratch and by chance it has the rainbow effect, it will bug me a crap ton more than the screen protector itself. With that being said I always get a screen protector. I've been using PowerSupport for over 6 years now.

5. silbeej macrumors 6502a

I placed my new 6 face down on my desk once, it already is scratched on the edges!! I honestly don't know how this scratches so easily, my desk is that plastic formica type material and was clean. Good thing i have a sleeve case on order, this is ridiculous.

6. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

7. idealcheese macrumors member

Isn't the screen made of glass, and therefore only scratchable by materials as hard as or harder than glass? I thought screen protectors were to help prevent cracks in the glass in case of impact.