Really need a screen protector?

Zeos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2008
I have always used a screen protector on past iPhones. I am picking up my 6 this afternoon and was wondering if I should see how it is to use the phone without that protection. How scratch-prone is the glass really? What are the benefits of a naked screen?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Ventura County
As much as I don't ever want a screen protector because it takes away from the display, I know that if I get a scratch and by chance it has the rainbow effect, it will bug me a crap ton more than the screen protector itself. With that being said I always get a screen protector. I've been using PowerSupport for over 6 years now.

silbeej

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2007
I placed my new 6 face down on my desk once, it already is scratched on the edges!! I honestly don't know how this scratches so easily, my desk is that plastic formica type material and was clean. Good thing i have a sleeve case on order, this is ridiculous.

idealcheese

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Isn't the screen made of glass, and therefore only scratchable by materials as hard as or harder than glass? I thought screen protectors were to help prevent cracks in the glass in case of impact.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.