Really need help with iphone (jailbroken and unlocked) won't start...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sakib, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Sakib macrumors newbie

hey guys
    really freakin out here… so heres the story, i have an iphone 3g running on iOS 4.2.1 (jailbroken and unlocked) on ipad baseband… so on i tunes i clicked restore, it gave me an error 16xx and my iphone got stuck on the recovery mode, nomatter what i did, it wouldn’t budge, i used recboot but it didn’t work, i tried to use redsnOw to restore 4.2.1 again but it again got stuck on the recovery mode, when I used redsnOw on a custom restore 4.2 ispw pack, the iphone just froze, now it won’t even start…. the screen is totally black!!! i tried rebooting, nothing works…. what do i do? help!!!

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Since you have the iPad baseband on your iPhone you're going to need a custom firmware to restore.

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

put it in DFU and restore it to 3.1.3. You will receive a 1015 error, then use tiny umbrella to kick it out of recovery. You iphone will boot up normally to emergency screen.

You will then jailbreak it and then unlock with ultrasn0w.

4. Sakib thread starter macrumors newbie

can't restore. i downloaded a 3.1 ipsw file but after i select it and click restore, it says that the file is corrupt, redisconnect and try again.... the iphone is now in an infinite recovery mode (plug in to the itunes logo). what do i do now?? i know its bothersome but i'm really frustrated....

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

go to www.iclarified.com to get the 3.1.3 file.

6. reactions macrumors 6502

reactions

hmm - something similar happened to me.

sometimes trying it from another computer can help

7. Sakib thread starter macrumors newbie

k, finally figured it out, i restored to 4.2.1 using redsn0w in pwned DFU mode, then i simply restored to 4.2.1 custom restore...... everything seems to be working fyn now, thnx guys. :)