Really need help with my computer

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bassplayer1494, Jun 27, 2010.

1. bassplayer1494 macrumors member

its a PC and i know this is a mac only forum but i dont have the time to sign up for another forum. anyways, i boot the pc, it brings me to a menu where it has the options to boot in safe mode, boot normally, etc. i choose boot windows normally and it starts to load windows, however, it freezes about 5-10 seconds into the loading screen and it brings me back to the same boot menu. idk what to do!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What PC model do you have and what Windows version is on it?

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

Do you still have the recovery disk for your system?

Nonetheless, if the problem is bothering you, signing up at Anandtech or any other forum takes less than five minutes anyway. so why don't do that?

Even though some might get annoyed of reading this, the thread title guy strikes again:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.
    To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Have you also taken a look at http://mroogle.*************/MRoogleSmall.gif, since that question may have been asked several times?

Example: Can't boot my Windows (XP/Vista/2000/Seven) PC, goes back to boot options (Safe Mode, Normal, ...).

3. bassplayer1494 thread starter macrumors member

i got winXP. i havent tried safe mode, and i dont have the recovery cd. i have an hp pavilion a1140n

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The try at least Safe Mode, more I don't really know about anymore, Windows is gone too long.

Can you get your hands on the recovery disk anyway or is it completely gone? Do you have another Windows installation disk? Do you have a backup of your data?

And what about that tread title?

5. bassplayer1494 thread starter macrumors member

i dont have any disks but i could care less becuz i got no important data on my pc. and sorry for the thread title. i should of specified

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You can still specify, I gave you information on how to do that.

If the information is not important, then get a working Windows XP (or whatever system you like) and re-install Windows.

Or go to a Windows forum where they might have more intimate knowledge with that.

I had so much problems with Windows at one time, that I knew the serial number by heart, although it was only five blocks of five numbers/letters.

7. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

I own a HP also that crashed a few months ago, I managed to backup the user data using a Linux installation CD/DVD. Also, some HP models have a recovery partition, maybe yours has one ? HP really sucks when it comes to recovery, you have to make your recovery diks yourself, they don't come with the pc when you buy it.

8. bassplayer1494 thread starter macrumors member

i used the arrow key to scroll up to the safe mode option but as soon as i did it the the little timer thing that says it will automatically boot your option in 25 sec has disappeared. wtf?

9. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That is okay, as you selected an option, thus the computer recognised some form of input, may it be human or otherwise, thus the automatic behaviour is disabled,
    therefore just press Enter.

And please have a look into the manual for that HP about that recovery procedure.

10. bassplayer1494 thread starter macrumors member

just tried it and a bunch of letters popped up, then it went black and brought me back to the same menu WTF?

11. Princess Cake macrumors regular

Princess Cake

I had that same problem before on my old Hewlett Packard, it turned out that the hard drive had gone bad.

12. bassplayer1494 thread starter macrumors member

really. where u able to boot it in any mode. i tried safe mode and regular windows and i pressed f10 to go to system recovery but it didnt go to the recovery menu

13. Princess Cake macrumors regular

Princess Cake

Yep, I tried safe mode, normally.... everything. Everything returned me to that same damn screen. Has your computer been making any sort of "Ticking" or click noises or anything? Mine had for quite a while but I was still new to computer at the time and didn't realize what the noise meant.

If it won't boot in any mode it's probably that the hard drive is just completely dead, it happens after a number of years to any hard drive, which is why you always want to make sure you have your important files backed up.

If I was you I'd take apart the tower and check out the hard drive size and model and get a replacement, or if you don't think you can handle that take it to a local computer repair store and tell them you think it's the hard drive causing the problem, then they won't charge you for any extra time they gotta spend examining it.