Really need help with scanner!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sfulcher, Jan 3, 2008.

1. sfulcher macrumors newbie

Help! I have a MacBook and I need a scanner. I am not up on my technology terms but the scanner I have took a 13 pg. document and saved it has 13 separate pdf files, which really pissed of my boss. Help!!!!!!!

2. seniorstinky macrumors regular

Sounds like you have a scanner but your settings may be wrong (or it can't do what you are asking). What make and model do you have?

3. sfulcher thread starter macrumors newbie

I am not in the office but it is a Brother copier/scanner and I am certain it doesn't do what I need it to. In looking at scanners, how will I know if the scanner does what I want it to? Which scanners tend to work better with Macs?

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

"Preview" app in Leopard suppose to let you do simple things with PDF files.

5. seniorstinky macrumors regular

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Even if you can't figure out the software (or if Preview doesn't do it, I only have leopard on an external drive so can't look at it right now), go to

macupdate.com, and search for: merge pdf

7. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

what kind of file do you need ?
    Most scanners make a .jpg file, some have ocr software that convert images into text.

8. sfulcher thread starter macrumors newbie

I found a way to merge the pdf files after I scanned them, but it is to long a process. My boss wants something we can all use easily, without loading a ton of software on our computers. The scanner came with Presto, but that program will not cooperate with me computer!

We are purchasing a new scanner for sure, I just want to make sure I get one that will take 13 pgs., scan them, and save them as 1 pdf file with multiple pages. It would be nice if I knew the scanner worked well with a Mac.